Sunday, March 25, 2007

Day 218 - Paraparaumu

I have spent a lot of time sorting out the centres website this weekend (blimey - my internet skills seem to come in handy everywhere!) The website is now finished: http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/lotusyog/ - pretty smart eh? It's wierd being back in front of the screen for long periods of time, but it gets me a break from hacking away at weeds. It's not all roses though - Ananda is suffering from a lack of attention so feels the need to pop in every 10 minutes to shake my chair, wave some toy in front of my face or scream falsetto. An only child through & through (he's not so bad really).

All in all I've settled in well and I'm enjoying myself - Cathryn likes to have someone to chat to about every day stuff, Eric is thoroughly relieved that he's finally found someone to sort out his website (last update:2002) and do some gardening and Ananda is just happy to have someone to give him piggybacks/listen to his rambling monologues and generally give him lots of attention. The food here is meat-free, egg-free, dairy-free, wheat-free and generally a bit fun-free - but Catheryn can make a mean bean salad/patty/bake so it's not too bad. The classes are good too - I've settled in to the relaxed style and am quite enjoying the lack of clenched muscles and pain. The hoards of 50-something ladies that clog up the drive with their cars and troop into the centre chatting away are all very friendly, though I often feel that I repeat the same conversation over and over.

I think I will leave on Tues or Weds - I have got a new rego for Rodney , but I really want to flog him soon, preferably before I need to get the WOF done. Then it'll just be me and my backpack again - hurrah!

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:41 am

    are you doing a spot of advertising on the side?? or just generously sharing some insider information? are t-mobile sponsoring your trip round the world now?? xxx
    liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, no - I emailed the post in and my silly email attatched the ad. I'm going to delete it now :-)
    (though T-mobile, if you're reading this, a few hundred bucks would come in handy)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:32 am

    Well you are keeping busy. Sounds like fun!
    I think we will be 'sorting out' the house here for the next 3 - 4 years!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:38 am

    No 129 isn't on the Home Farmhouse timescale, But I think that we should be shipshape by the end of the year. It's livable in now, and mum is busy buying washing machines and hoovers. I am trying to get her to slow down to the Greek tempo. Trying to go any faster is just like trying to wade through treacle. Anyway, we both love it here, and I am a bit worried about you coming over when you get back because you might decide to stay! I'll post some pictures somewhere on the internet when I get back home and send you the URL. Take care, LnK Dxx

    ReplyDelete