Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Day 213 - Paraparaumu

Well, this place is a little different!

Lotus Centre is run by an old boy called Eric and his wife Cathryn. They have 2/3 yoga classes a day (which are free to wwoofers) but which are of the army wavey, "relaaax" variety that is somewhat of a shock after bootcamp Paul's style. The couple have a precious 6-yr old named Ananda (which means 'bliss', poor kid is going to be tormented in high school) who, when he is not at school, is running around yelling "and you know what..." or "guess what..." and then launching into a 50 mile an hour dialogue that I inevitably get utterly lost in. Still, the place is neat and nice, and the town is pretty, so I don't think it will be hard to stay to the end of the week.

Rodney is due to have his new registration, so I have to nip down the post office afterward to get it sorted. I also have to buy him a new radio and get the key cut before I have any chance of selling him. What a palaver!

I must confess that after 7 months I am somewhat tired and wonderlusted out. Maybe when I am in Wellington I will put my flight forward a bit - I find the fact that I still have a few moths to go a tad daunting (not to mention expensive).

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:04 am

    Just remember Katie - its snowing, hailing, raining, and v windy here.
    Just bear that in mind when booking the flight back

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:53 am

    Try getting yourself some honest work for a month, and you'll soon find yourself beginning to appreciate the benefits of idle wonderlust. Enjoy it whilst you can. Reality begins again when you get back to the UK (I hope).

    We are settling into the house on Alonissos. The previous owner was supposed to leave it in a reasonably livable condition, but this didn't seem to include things like light-bulbs in his definition. Never mind; it is getting sorted now. Mum and I will enjoy it here. LnK Dxxx

    ReplyDelete