Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Day 177 - Auckland

Happy Valentines to everyone for yesterday...

I'm back in Auckland now after 2 days with John and Joan. They live in a retirement village outside of Orewa called Hibiscus Village. It's quite a posh place, and you can see the sea from the balcony (just). On valentines day they took me on a drive around the area and all the beaches, and then we went for lunch at the RFA (urm, returned forces association I think), which was amusing. It was a scorcher of a day so in the afternoon I went down to the swimming pool and lounged around in the hot tub (it's a hard life). It was a short visit - Joan and John are going into hospital today, and at 10.30 I'll be meeting Sarah who's giving me a lift back to Coromadel. I think I'm going to have a healthy diet of vegetables for a week... I must have been fed about a tonne of food and drank a gallon of tea in these 2 days!

Anyway, below is a picture of John and Joan (for gran). I'll hopefully visit them again before I leave.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:21 am

    They look like a really sweet couple. Sounds like you were getting spoilt for a couple of days!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:45 am

    You are a good granddaughter our Katie - she's been a bit off-colour and was was delighted by your call. I'll print the photo out and take it down to Shakespeare Ave. today.

    Mike
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:14 am

    Katie, you might be interested in http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?t=51298, and especially the reference that maxqnz gave: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_island#Usage_of_definite_article.

    LnK

    ReplyDelete