Sunday, December 31, 2006

Day 131 - Airlie Beach

Airlie beach still... not much to do but sunbathe and read. I've been browsing through Anna's pictures and sighing, remembering when I was going somewhere new every other day amnd never even had the chance to get bored (unless it was with yet another ruin!)

Yesterday I tried to get a volunteer position on a boat, but the waiting list is huge, so that's out of the window. The sailing trips are about $340 for 3 days (on average) so I think I'll skip it and go snorkelling further north.

Tonight it's new years, and I'll probably be with a few of the guys from the Oz bus - sitting next to the sea watching the fireworks and drinking cheap wine.

On the 2nd I'm going further north, to magnetic island, where I can go walking, sea kayaking and snorkelling. I'll be there a few days before travelling up to Cairns on the 6th and finally flying to Auckland, New Zealand on the 12th. Really looking forward to being in New Zealand, and have already been registering online with job companies so that I can a job as soon I get there (so sick of spending lots of money without being able to earn any back!) So, that's the plan! New country, all very exciting.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:24 am

    Have a great new year on Airlie beach. Lots of Love Ma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:34 am

    Have a Good New Year Kate!
    Just been catching up your blog, we forgot to take you addy to France.
    The sea kayaking and snorkling sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:14 am

    Yr bro got up at 18:30 today which I guess puts him on the same timezone as you. We must have vampire blood somewhere in the gene-line. LnK Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lazy goit. WHo does he remind me of??

    Kx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:04 am

    Hummmm, just who does the remind you of? Is that a dig at me or yourslf :P.
    BTW we had a wonderful Xmas break. The only day we didn't spend working on finishing the en-suite was Christmas day itself. Still is does look nice. xx

    ReplyDelete