Sunday, December 17, 2006

Day 117 - Byron Bay

I've booked my ride out of here, I'm leaving tomorrow on the 2 o'clock bus. Quite glad, it's nice here, but already getting a bit boring; the options being a)beach b)tv or c)shopping. Unfortunately a)it's currently raining b)is boring and c)I'm broke. So I'm off-ty, going to Brisbane.

Yesterday I did some cycling midday, but mostly hid from the freakish downpouring of rain. In the evening I met a load more oz experience guys and spent couple of hours playing hilarious, complex drinking games and guzzling hideous, cheap aussie wine before crossing the road to visit cheeky monkeys. Consequently, today I have spent half the day recovering from a hangover (they get worse with old age) whilst occasionally wincing when I have a flashback of some drunken act and vowing never to drink again.

I've sorted out my xmas plans; I'll be in Hervey bay for xmas. I've booked a luxary day trip to Fraser Island, Oz's giant sand pit, for xmas eve. Then, on the 27th, I head north to Airlie beach, for some sailing round the Whitsunday islands, and maybe some snorkelling/scuba diving in the great barrier reef.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:08 am

    Its so hard when you have to decide between shopping and the beach *sigh*
    Fancy you feeling your age, must have been a good night then!
    What will you be doing on Christmas Day Kate?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hervey Bay, apparently the place is so grotty the seagulls fly upside down. Still, the hostel i'm in is meant to be nice :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:12 pm

    'OLD AGE' Kate you arn't there yet!! Must have been a really good night.

    ReplyDelete