Sunday, December 03, 2006

Day 102 - Perth

Perth, bright sunshine, 30°C out (no humidity, thank heaven). It's all good.

On the last day in Ho Chi Minh I had a bit of a whizz round the city on the back of several motorcycles. I also spent time organising and booking stuff on t'internet. Think I pretty much did Ho Chi Minh to death. Favourite parts? The free cinema on top of Bobby Brewers cafe, The Rex hotel swimming pool and the Cu Chi tunnels were pretty cool (just so that I don't come across as totally idle).

And yesterday? Yesterday I spent aaall the day (and night) travelling - yaaawn. Left Viet Nam at 8.30am yest, arrived here last night about 1am after several flights and tedious hours hanging around at Singapore airport. After my flight arrived I stretched out on some of the chairs in the Departures hall, piled my stuff around me and fell asleep. Not the most comfortable nights sleep ever - but I saved 1 nights accom and a taxi fare so feel very virtuous. The next morning I caught an early shuttle bus to my hostel and crawled into bed and slept.

So, that was my last few days - all thrilling stuff. I'm going to go get the orientation talk from the guys in reception, then go ride the free cat buses around the city... should be fuuun.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:14 pm

    Katie, Not sure what your current email is so can you email me please (use mike@hebburn.org) and I'll give you a contact in Perth (Lynda's brother).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:27 pm

    Hi babe
    Glad Perth is good. What's your new e mail address, I don't think Ive got it either, send me an e mail to let me know? and what phone no are you on. Love Ma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:01 pm

    I've been gone 1 month and you have done a tonne of stuff! I'm still catching up. Sorry we weren't in America at the same time! Would have been great to take you sight seeing!!! In the meantime..did someone mutter something about "new e-mail address"????

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey

    No new email address... just the usual Lycos one. Ma - I'm on my usual moby no now (my one from UK), just not using it).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:22 pm

    Hi Katie, I'm old uncle Michaels' quite old brother in law. I'm living in Perth at the moment so if you need any help (such as a free bed as long as you don't mind a couple of young kids around the house.) you are quite welcome to drop me a line and I'll give you the address and phone number. mike_s_uk@yahoo.com
    Mike Suggitt

    ReplyDelete