Thursday, November 30, 2006

Day 99 - Ho Chi Minh

Wow - tomorrow I will have been travelling for 100 days (calls for a celebration!).

Didn't go to the Mekong today - I got chatting with a guy in my dorm who's been on the trip, and apparantly it is a waste of money. So, change of plan - instead I went and bought a bikini (XL - the sizes were obviously tailored for pocket-sized Vietnamese girls) . Then I went to the Rex pool and swam for a bit, then to the upstairs cinema at the coffee shop near the hotel. I paid for an expensive cup of tea, and made it last through two films: The Black Dahlia and Click. The cinema is great - yesterday I watched James Bond and The Wicker Man. It's nice to catch up on my movies!

Tomorrow is my last day. I plan to do not-a-lot and generally enjoy the last day of eating out in a veeeery looong time.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:03 pm

    Sounds like you have given up doing things in favour of lazing around - does this sound familiar, or does it sound familiar!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've done things! Just... running out of things to do now (running out of money to do them too).

    Have to decide where I'm going to spend xmas - does anyone know anyone in Sydney/Melbourne that has floor space available??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:57 am

    Wow that was a not so subtle hint to your mum Kate.
    Least your not doing yet more retail therapy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:41 pm

    hey...I just got back from a month in New York. Am catching up with your blog now...be prepared for some rude comments!!!

    Hope you're doing well

    H/x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Humaira
    Was wondering where you had got too!
    New York eh? You must be thrilled to be back in the UK(nooot).

    ReplyDelete