Thursday, November 16, 2006

Day 85 - Mamallapuram

Last day, I'm ashamed to say that I have been woefully bad at the sightseeing here, instead I've spent most of my time sleeping, eating and reading. I need the break - after 3 months of travelling round this huge country my body just has had enough! Today I'm going to maybe go have a look at the Shore Temple and the Five Rathas. Other than that more of the same relaxing methinks.


The tedious chore for the day is buying a new travelling bag - my current "say no to plastic" job was given to me by the Intrepid Travel guys, and after 3 months on the road is looking a little, well, disgusting. However, the shop assistants in Mamallapuram are so sickeningly obsequious that I really can't work up the will to go shopping (not to mention the fact I've got 1000R left and I'm trying to make it last for the next few days). Still, I like to think of this as the last time I'll have to haggle (yaaay).

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:56 am

    Last time you have to haggle - don't you believe it.
    Thanks for the tour around India, we're looking forward to the next country!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:36 am

    Anyway I think yr mum is horrible to me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:38 am

    You do not want to know what the last paragraph of his comment was yesterday it was BORING!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha - poor dad, is she bullying you? Don't put up with it...

    ReplyDelete