Monday, October 30, 2006

Day 68 - Varkala

Great day of sunshine, sea and sand. Today was the first day since being here that it hasn't rained 90% of the time so B and me hit the beach. Bumped into Richard on the way there, he had just left the ashram the previous day and was looking a bit shell shocked so we dragged him long with us to the beach. I hired a body board and we took it in turns to have the s@$t kicked out of us by the sea (have got a really burned face after too much squinting into the horizon, and so much sea went up my nose it felt as though I had had a marathon neti session).

Yesterday we pulled ourselves together and sorted out our travel plans. On wednesday we are catching a train from Trivandrum to Bangalore - funky modern city extrodinaire. B has a friend of a friend there who is a hip producer or something, so we may meet up with them and go for a meal. The next day we will catch a bus to Mysore, another yoga heaven and apparently a generally nice place. After a few days there we go up to Hampi, a beautiful ruinous city where we can do a bit of sightseeing and stuff. After that we split, B goes west to Goa, and flies out from Mumbai on the 18th or something, and I go further east. I plan to go to pondicherry, a French town south of Chennai, to sample the bakeries and visit the Auroville ashram with its huuuge crystal. I fly out of India from Chennai on the 20th - destination Singapore.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:20 pm

    I think you are determined to put that 4" back on your waist! Going to Pondicherry just to sample the bakeries! what next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:53 am

    you sound like your having a great time!!! wish i was there now. you didn't have me jealous with that whole yoga torture but now i wanna do what your doing!! keep the updates coming they're a great read at work x x Ngaire

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Guys

    Talk about putting the 4" on - today I have had carrot cake, cinnamon danish aaand apple crumbla (all shared of course - but still, how sick do I feel now). Apparently its halloween today, day of candy, so we have an excuse - cool, I'm good with that!

    Last day here today - still no rain, yaay!

    ReplyDelete