Thursday, April 19, 2007

Day 242 - Nadi

Pretty grey day today - not a minute of glorious sunshine. Still, at least it didn't rain!

I've booked my accomodation on Mana Island (apparently it's where Castaway was filmed - you know, the film with Tom Hanks and football head). Unfortunately there is no room at the mo so I can't go till the day after tomorrow - looks like I'm stuck in this hotel with a pool, bar and restaurant for the next few days - sigh.



I hopped onto a local bus today and visited Nadi Town. Bit of a grotty, uninspiring place I must say - but it has a nice cake shop (ho hum) and a great line in flourescent hawaiin shirts - guess what everyone's getting as souveniers (no, don't get your hopes up - I'm joking, I can't afford them)

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:05 am

    Cake shops did you say?? Thought you'd got over them!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh...Katie...you're looking a bit weather-beaten. And why are you scratching on a rock? I see why you need to get home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:43 pm

    My God Kate I know we haven't seen you in a while - but what a transformation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:13 pm

    hahahahaahahaahahaaaa

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's the beard - it's a new look, but I think it works...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous10:21 am

    Are you sure you're still female, its the lack of breasts that is most worrying!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The tan is impressive though, right?

    ReplyDelete