Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Day 191 - Rotorua

I've settled in here already. At first it was a bit like 'oo-er, not sure that I can last a few days let alone a few weeks', but now I think I'll stick it out. Paul, Linda and I have already set into a groove - despite being 60, Paul has a very kiddish sense of humor, so we all joke along merrily.

This is my day: I get up about 7ish and have breakfast, then I take the kitchen scraps to the chickens and, whilst they are fighting over the leftovers I sneak in the henhouse and grab their eggs. Then I do about 4-5 hours of gardening/maintenance stuff - not always gentle, this morning I spent 4 hours in the bush hauling logs about. Then I eat and relax. Then drive Rodders into town, praying that this time I won't go shooting off of the bumpy track to land in a tree somewhere. In town I pootle around a bit & go on the internet before Paul's class at 5.30. Class finishes at 7, or 9 if it is a double, and afterward I drive back in the dark, still praying that I won't go shooting off of the bumpy track. Then we eat a huuge meal, then meditate, then I go to my bed and sleep.

It's all busy - maybe all this hauling butt will burn off my spare tyre ;-). The new wwoofers are meant to be coming tonight - it's v. exciting. Now I'm going to go - time for the buuurrnn, plus I have nothing else to write (you're all going to get very bored reading this the next 10 days or so)...

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:15 am

    Then drive Rodders into town, praying that this time I won't go shooting off of the bumpy track to land in a tree somewhere.

    Is there a funny story here you're not telling us Kate????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:58 am

    Come on own up babe!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You of the suspicious minds... no tree landing incidents - although I confess that there have been various close shaves whilst gazing at amazing views

    ReplyDelete