Friday, January 12, 2007

Day 144 - Auckland

I'm in New Zealand!

Got here a few hours ago to grey skies and drizzle - it feels England! I'm staying in the City Garden Lodge, a hostel that is mainly full of old people who eat muesli. Still, there are some young'ns too, and it's got a really homey smell (plus a yoga studio in the garden), so it's all good in my book.

Had some problems confirming my working visa at the airport (the one time I don't have a printout of something - typical) so I have to hunt down the immigration office now and get that sorted. Otherwise, all is peachy and I'm enjoying being in a place that isn't 32° and 80% humidity!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:57 pm

    Did I jinx the weather thing then!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:58 am

    Enjoy. We'll be in touch. XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Drizzle, we are having snow in Glasgow today Katie and it is so cold.

    Glad to hear you are not having to rush into a job too quickly now that you have arrived in NZ. Joking apart, I hope you get things sorted with your working visa.

    ReplyDelete