Thursday, January 11, 2007

Day 142 - Cairns

Not much happening here, but thought I'd write another post to add some photos I missed:

Me holding 2 scaly things (yes, the croc on the right is the only the charming keeper threw on my lap). Bizarre facial expression on left is due to the fact the snake decided to explore



Also, for your viewing pleasure...



... and that's why you don't go swimming in croc infested pools! (If the doo-dad above doesn't work, click here to see my amateur video)

And I'm proud to say that although one of my friends jumped out of a plane at 14,000 ft yesterday and said it was amaaazing... I haven't blown any money on adrenalin-packed craziness, I'm going to save it all for New Zealand instead :-)

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:48 am

    Love the snake pic Kate - You're expression says it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:28 am

    The baby croc looked sort of cute especially with his mouth taped up - but the big croc did'nt look very friendly - definately would'nt go swimming with him!!! What do they do with all the baby crocs? Turn them into shoes and handbags??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:50 pm

    How many months have you been travelling now...you look as fresh as the day you left here! I'm really happy you're having a whale of a time. Just caught up with all your antics. Just in case you were missing home...it's vvvv cold, windy, wet. Swap locations if you really like ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shoes, handbags, belts, and some they stuff and put clothes on for 'amusing' room decorations (not quite my taste)

    Wow, how many months? About 4 1/2 I think.

    Steady on, it's too hot here but you can keep the cold weather/grey sky :-)

    ReplyDelete