Friday, November 24, 2006

Day 93 - Singapore

Last day - I fly out to Vietnam tomorrow morning at 6.45 am (nooo).

This morning I dragged myself out of bed early (only 4 hours sleep, nooot good), had a large breakfast and caught the bus to Holland Rd so that I could pick up my visa from the embassy. The sky suddenly got very moody and grey and I realised that I hadn't brought my umbrella - fatal mistake. It didn't rain on the 20 minute walk to the embassy through posh residential estates. It didn't rain when I picked up my visa and left the building. It did start raining after I'd been walking back to the bus stop for 5 minutes. First it drizzled, I hid under a tree waiting for it to stop - then it showered, I started getting dripped on - then it absolutley bucketed it down and in seconds I was soaked to the skin. I looked around desperately for cover, then decided to run back to the embassy; I picked up my flip flops and sprinted back down the road at full pelt. I was back to the embassy in about a minute, and stood in the lobby, panting and creating a huge puddle on the tiled floor whilst a row of amused faces stared at me (the buggers all came in taxi's) . I had to go into the toilets and wring out my clothes, before putting the sodden things back on - sloppy, cold clothes; yuk. Then I had to hang around waiting for the rain to stop, which it finally did after half an hour. Anyway - when the rain stopped I headed back to the main road, and my sodden clothes where the perfect excuse for a shopping trip (not that I need an excuse).

When I got back I took great pleasure in consigning my cheap cotton vests and aladdin pants - the India uniform - to the rubbish bin, and replacing it with another pair of jeans (I'll make them into shorts), combats, vests and fake Abercrombie and Fitch T-shirts. Thank goodness for that!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:29 pm

    Any excuse to go out and buy new clothes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:19 pm

    Your mum got there first - just what I was thinking!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. okay okay - enough of that!

    ReplyDelete