Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Day 64 - Sivananda

Thought of the day: You know you've been here to long when you discover swamiji knows your name... Second to last day today - can't believe it. Will be sad to go but have begun to have vivid fantasies involving beer, pizza, coffee and chocolate cake (although not altogether!)

My urgency to depart has not been helped by the fact that we have had the squarky old lady for the last 3 satsangs. The day before yesterday I actually grabbed my yoga mat and blanket and legged it out of the temple when everyone was deep in meditiation (was feeling very rebellious, then I felt guilty so I meditated on my bed, and fell asleep). Last night I stuck it out, and sat in the back row with my fellow ashram rebels and doubters - by the end of Jaya Ganesha we were all crying with silent laughter and doubled over in the pain of trying to contain our general amusement at the hideous noise being produced and the horrified expressions of the newly arrived ashramites (it's all credit to them that they did not just run away!)

Tonight we have a silent walk and meditation by the lake - last week the was a lightning storm behind the hills so it was very oooommmm- can I be bothered to go again? Hmmm, decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment