Friday, August 25, 2006

Day 3 - Rishikesh

I'm now suffiently chilled after all my manic travelling. I have settled in to the Bhandari Swiss Cottage, in a lovely double room with a balcony overlooking the ganges. It's a tad pricy, but I keep telling myself I deserve it :-)
I ended up catching a taxi to Haridwar - I took one look at the bus station, went "eek" and crossed the road to get a pre-paid taxi. 440R instead of a mere 15, but I was dropped right outside the door, and it was nice not to share the seat with someone else's elbows.
The area I'm in here is very self-contained, with a shop, bureau and restaurant, and there are lots of other travellers hanging out and generally relaxing. The strangest thing so far has been seeing the monkeys hanging around. I keep wondering how on earth they got there - then remembering that they are just native to the area, not escapees from a local zoo!
I am planning to take my first yoga lesson in India tonight - it's been a while, so hope I can still touch my toes!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:11 pm

    hey katie its chrissy just writin 2 say A) good that your enjoyin it B) rather u than me with all those dodgy things you've writtin about :) and C) miss ya!!!!!
    xxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:11 pm

    written - Writin

    ReplyDelete