Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Day 248 - LA

One day in LA (written retrospectively - I was really in no state to blog at the time!)

What do you do for 24 hrs in LA? Answer: Stay in USA Hostel in Hollywood (the best in LA), spend the day wondering up and down Hollywood road admiring the stars (the ones on the pavement, not the real ones), crazy stores (best fancy dress shop ever, bizarre t-rex head), trying the hot dogs/pretzels and shopping for naff souvenirs. In the evening one should stuff ones face at the all-you-can eat bbq, then the lure of free designer shoes should persuade one to frequent a local night-club. Once one has successfully negotiated stacked bouncers at said night-club, one should mingle with fellow club-goers and enjoy some glasses of free champagne. What one should not do is follow up the free champagne with some deceptively deadly cocktails just because someone bought them for you, march out of the night-club before you get your paws on aforementioned free designer shoes, buy pizza from a street-side pizzeria then engage in conversation with random street punks before giving them your pizza and finally stumbling back to the hostel to spend all night being unwell in the dorm toilet. Oh-dear.




The next day and subsequent 10-hr flight was somewhat painful. Ma and Pa were pleased to see me and nice enough not to comment on the fact that I was green in the face, exhausted and probably rather smelly.

It's so nice to have a good bath, a huge bed and some peace and quiet. I've spent much of the last few days sleeping, so now I'm feeling back to normal - time to get a job I guess!

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:13 pm

    what a way to finish.. Love the johnny depp hands and feet mmuhaw! and the USA experience sounds well, less than heavenly. No wonder you're glad to be home. Never the less, an experience is an experience, is better to have done it in style than not at all ;-)
    liz
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I was standing there with my feet in his footprints for a good few minutes - heehee.

    Yeah - in retrospect it was completely hilarious, just the suffering bit not so good at the time!

    Look forward to seeing u at the weekend... (think of something fun we can all do)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:57 pm

    As a Newbie, I am always searching online for articles that can help me. Thank you Wow! Thank you! I always wanted to write in my site something like that. Can I take part of your post to my blog?.

    ReplyDelete