Friday, April 13, 2007

Day 236 - Auckland

Rodney is no longer. I had him towed away this morning and now all that is left are a couple of bent number plates. So sad.

Given my money situation (i.e. that I have none) - I have made the shocking decision to skip the South Island and head straight to Fiji, where I will bum around on an island for a week before heading home. Missing the South Island is terribly baad, I know, but I am getting travel tired, my bank has not a bean in it and the weather here is rapidly turning nasty. I'll just have to come back to NZ in a year or two (though next time I'll bring a friend and make sure I don't buy a rusty van!).

So, I'm going to be back in the UK in just over 2 weeks, whereupon I will need to find a job, a house etc. Ok, so that won't be so much fun - but I'm looking forward to seeing everyone...

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:08 am

    Sad that ur missing out on south island but happy you are returning in two weeks. Very exciting..... yay yay yay....
    xxxxxxxxxxxx liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:03 am

    I think that we all looking foward to welcoming the mendicant daughter home. Dxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:03 am

    Coming back to the real world. Be a bit of a shock babe!! But it will be great to see you again.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. mendicant? huh
    Looking forward to coming home too!
    You better all meet me at the airport - with a banner at least :-)
    Kxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:03 am

    two weeks - woo hoo!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:10 pm

    We will do petal -- as long as u arrive a w/e. If its midweek then it will probably be only mum -- someone has to earn the money ot pay off the overdrafts. XxXxXxXxX

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous9:11 pm

    u can guess it's late on friday and I've already started to wind down 4 the w/e -- hic!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like the timing is right for you to come home - and the weather is turning glorious! Unfortunately I think we're going to miss each other by a mere few days as we are flying out to Kenya on Monday 30th April :-( Perhaps our paths will cross again somewhere in the yonder sometime in the future. Take care and enjoy Fiji! lx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous8:03 pm

    Hi Kate ..It'll be great to see you back in Blighty ! Auntie Jo xxxx

    ReplyDelete