Sunday, November 05, 2006

Day 74 - Mysore

We are leaving Mysore today - and I'm not looking forward to it because this will be a first I had hopud to avoid: the first overnight bus... nooooo! 10 hours of sitting upright in a bus trying to snatch some sleep whilst hoping that no-one above us throws up. Luckily we've both got neck pillows and earplugs - so it may just be bearable (though I am really not looking forward to speed-peeing in bushes).

Today we went to the Mysore Mandala Yoga Shala - there was no yoga lessons (Ashtangis have a day off on full moon apparently - whatever) so Becca and I just rolled out our mats in the empty studio and chugged through the Sivananda Series in our own time. The few days break did my body good - my elbow has recovered and I aalmost got into scorpion (right) but then flipped out and hit my toe - ouuuch. Afterward we had fresh brown bread and butter, muesli with fruit salad and curd and boiled eggs from the shala's cafe - yuuum - the best brunch so far in India! On the subject of food (it is my favourite subject after all) - we are now going to go cram into Hotel RRR's packed restaurant, to delicious thali elbow to elbow with the locals (the busier the restaurant, the better the food). I hope the food is as good in Hampi! Byee!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1:40 pm

    I really think that trying to keep that 4" off is a bit of a lost cause! Do you ever think of anything but food?

    ReplyDelete